Dr Allain has extensive continuing education in implants. He has been performing implant surgeries for over fifteen years. His facility allows any surgery to be performed in house and with all the comforts that Dr. Allain always offers.
If you would like more information on dental implants click here
- How long does it take to get the “tooth”?
- The implant crown, or the “tooth portion” of the implant can be placed approximately four and a half months from the day of surgery. This however is all dependent on whether or not the implant has fully integrated into the bone.
- How long does the surgery take?
- Depending on a few factors the implant placement procedure itself lasts about an hour.
- Does the procedure hurt?
- Just like every other procedure we do we will make sure that you are nice and numb before starting any of the process. Some patients also opt to have IV sedation, but it is not as common with this oral surgery.
- What is the recovery time for the procedure?
- Patients will continue with their medications until they are all done. The medication helps reduce inflammation and therefore reduces recovery time. Patients should be careful with the area for the next 3 weeks, making sure to eat soft and highly nutritious foods. The patient will come back twice before getting any stitches removed.